Frequently Asked Questions

As you explore the world of real estate and property in Singapore and around the world, here are some frequently asked questions you may have:

What does CCR, RCR and OCR mean in the Singapore property context?

  • The Core Central Region (CCR) comprises postal districts 9,10, 11, Downtown Core and Sentosa in Singapore. This region is said to be Singapore’s main prime metropolitan area.
  • The Outside Central Region (OCR) refers to the planning areas which are outside the Central Region. The OCR consists of districts and planning areas that constitute the suburban areas of Singapore.
  • The Rest of Central Region (RCR) refers to the rest of Central Region which are OUTSIDE postal districts 9, 10, 11, Downtown Core and Sentosa. The RCR represents the area still within the Central Region, just merely outside of the districts of the CCR, and right before the districts of the OCR.

What does TOP and CSC mean in Singapore property?

  • Every development in Singapore requires a permit before residents can move in. This permit comes in the form of a legal document called a Temporary Occupation Permit (TOP) or a Certificate of Statutory Completion (CSC). A TOP, as its name suggests, is a temporary permit. This permit allows residents to reside in a development that is habitable but incomplete e.g a development in which the building and parking lots are already complete but still has ongoing works on the facilities.Even if the development has a TOP, the developer will still need to apply for a CSC from the Building and Construction Authority (BCA) upon its completion. While similar, a TOP and CSC are different in the sense that:A TOP is optional, while CSC is compulsory and acquiring a CSC is more difficult than obtaining a TOP due to more stringent requirements.

Quick Search

Mortgage Calculator

Loan Amount



Tax / yr

Insurance / yr

Monthly Principal + Interest

Monthly Tax

Monthly Insurance

Total Monthly Payment


**The information contained on this page is for estimation purposes only. Payment amounts must be obtained from your mortgage lender. Property Agent has no liability for the accuracy of the information contained on this page.